What’s that? Summer is in full blast?
Whether you’re working full-time or part-time, it’s important to have some fun in the sun, and lucky for us that means till around nine o’clock. In some ways, it’s nice that you have to work in the heat of the day, that means the cool mornings and evenings are all yours.
So gather your friends, and have an answer when someone asks “What should we do?”
- Kayaking or paddle boarding: Most lakes have a place were you can rent a kayak or board for the day. Check Google and see if it’s true of one near you. It’s a nice way to get your exercise in, and once you work up a sweat, all you have to do is jump in to cool off.
- Small outdoor concerts: Sometimes when we think of festivals and outdoor concerts we think Coachella- but that’s not what I’m talking about. Downtown Greensboro does beach music nights. A lot of small craft festivals have performers. They don’t even have to be outdoors, check your city’s (or the closest neighboring one) webpage or Facebook. There are normally at least a few fun freebie’s planned!
- Day trips: One of my friends said to me recently that she didn’t realize just how much there was to do in our state, all within a few hours drive. Gas can get expensive, but driving two hours is cheaper than flying to a vacation destination, and you don’t have to take off work, it’s an easy way to have a fun weekend exploring.
- Galleries: We all have at least one or two art museums in the area that we might have gone to once on a field trip in middle school. We brush them off because we didn’t like them then… but now we’re older and as it turns out, a lot of the exhibits are really cool. Time to get cultured.
- Childs play: I know, I was just talking about getting cultured, but as always, there is a balance. Don’t you remember how fun it was to get into water gun and balloon fights? What about a past dark game, like sardines, or something that adds a little more of a challenge than hide and seek. We’re in our twenties, we can still get away with this!
- Lessons: Did you want to learn how to play tennis? Did you want to learn how to throw pottery? Yoga? Painting? What better time to do it than now, and with a friend so you can laugh at each others slip-ups. It’s all in good spirit!