Looking back on my goals for 2018, I can say that I didn’t knock them all off my list, but that’s how it always goes, isn’t it? Maybe not, maybe you’re much better at this than I am. But I’m still proud of my half finished list, because a lot happened this year that wasn’t on my list, so I still feel like I came out ahead.
- More time on hobbies, less time online: Check! But could use to do even better at this. I still spend too much time online.
- Read the entire bible: Opps. I started strong and then faded out.
- Be more aware of what I’m eating: Check! My diet has been so great this last year, really unrecognizable from 2017.
- Being a better friend: Half check? I did better some months than others.
- Read more than 30 books: I read about ten, but to be fair they were all over 600 pages. That counts, right??
- Finish writing two novels: I finished one! Still not bad!
- Wean myself off sleeping pills: Check, haven’t taken one in months!
Now for my upcoming goals for 2019:
- Plan a wonderful wedding fit for my upcoming marriage: There is going to be a whole lot of wedding planning this coming year, because we’re getting married the first weekend in September! I know this is going to happen, so maybe it shouldn’t go into my goals, but having as little stress as possible throughout the process is a big enough goal in itself.
- More time of hobbies, less time online: Let’s add it right back on to the list. There is a lot of room for improvement even though I’ve already improved on this a lot!
- Start barrel racing again: Getting back into the sport I loved has always been something I’ve talked about, now that I’m no longer in school and finally well enough I think this spring would be perfect to get back into it!
- Read more than 20 books: I lowered my number a bit, maybe this one is a little more realistic for a busy year.
- Buy a house: I’ve been saving for this over the years, but I still have a lot more to do to prepare for buying a home and making it my own. Also, we have to find one!
- Send birthday cards to everyone: I sent out Christmas cards this year (which I haven’t been the best at in the past) and I wrote paragraphs in each one of them. Getting mail with a sweet letter is always the best feeling. I want to do that more often. One of my close friends is sending all her friends cards this year so I thought I would join her!
- Pray more: I was doing really good before things got so busy. I need to make more time for God.
- Finish a novel: Or two, I’m not picky, but at least another one. One of the hobbies I want to spend more time on is writing.