My seven things normally are just a collection of things from around the internet. I decided to do things a little different this time and highlight seven good things that we might have missed with the world focusing on all the bad news. It’s part of my effort to be a more positive person and focus on the things that we should be celebrating in life.
Here are seven good things!
- This article talks about how “charitable giving reached an all-time high in 2017, with donor generosity cresting the $400 billion mark for the first time U.S. history.”
- This tweet from ABC is reminding us that we’re still working miracles and giving people (and cute babies!) the gift of sound, something that used to be unheard of.
- According to this article the number of Jobless claims has declined for four weeks in a row, with the jobless rate at an 18-year low of 3.8%.
- This article is reminding us that being good to others actually improves our health and our well-being.
- Everyone loves animals, and we’ve been doing something about it, thanks to wildlife efforts, we’ve gotten these animals off the endangered list.
- Smoking is deadly, but it has hit a new all time low, as reported in this article by AP, meaning that we’re working towards a healthier tomorrow.
- The longest running study on happiness found that our good relationships have the biggest impact on our health and overall joy!