A few posts ago I talked about starting my resolutions early, which I did, I’m just posting them now. It gave me a month to get them written out and it also allowed me to keep my format the same.
But wow, can you believe its already basically 2022? It sounds like such a futuristic year, not the present!
But before I get ahead of myself lets look back at 2021 and the goals I set for myself:
- Read more than seventy books: Done, done, done. I actually surpassed this by far and made it into the triple digits this year. I’m proud of that. Audiobooks really boost your numbers!
- Spend more time outside: I did great… for the most part. During my third trimester I hardly went outside. It was too hot and I was far to pregnant to find it enjoyable, but other than those three months I’ve done a really good job getting my time in.
- Eat more balanced: lol, okay, I was pregnant and I had some unaddressed disordered eating to address as I talked about in my last post. I failed at this one, but this last month I’ve been starting to turn it around and since it was a 2021 goal I guess you could say I ended on a good note.
- Be a more consistent blogger: For the most part I’ve done a lot better with this! As a hobby blogger I’d say I’m decently consistent.
- Spend more time writing on my novels: Started strong, ended poorly. There’s not a lot more to say about this one.
- Be better at reaching out to friends: I’ve done good at this one, especially during my pregnancy, now to keep it up with a baby!
Now for 2022, the goals I’ve soft started this past month:
- Fix my disordered eating habits: I’m making a whole blog post about this, but I wat to address my relationship with food.
- Read 100 books: I kept shooting low, both for 2020 and 2021. I thought 100 wasn’t realistic, but seeing how I broke 100 two years in a row, I think I can do it a third time!
- Take more pictures: I take a ton of pictures on my cell phone, but I want to break out my big camera more and play with my photography, especially now that I have a little one capture!
- Finish writing my current novel: Pretty self explanatory. It’s about one third done and I’d love to finish it!
- Move more: I’m not going to sign up for a gym. I am going to try to be more active though! Rock climbing, skiing, horseback, bouncing the baby, walking the dogs. I just want to move more.
I’m going to try to keep it pretty simple this year because I know a lot of my focus will be on Oliver and my family!